Saturday, June 29, 2013

You're an atheist? Oh my...

It never fails, someone discovers that i'm an atheist i'm asked for the reason. People seem to think that there's some deep-seated reason. There's only one reason why I am, that's because there's no evidence to support any religion. Why should I believe when there is no evidence? If someone could show me one shred of valid evidence that supports the God hypothesis, i'll consider it.
Why isn't it the other way around? Why is it that nobody asks Christians why they believe? Preferably with a rational response. But no, that never happens. It really kinda sad if you think about it, ignorance and superstition is preferable to critical thinking. Joyce Meyer once said, "I once asked the Lord why so many people are confused and He said to me, 'Tell them to stop trying to figure everything out, and they will stop being confused' I found it to be absolutely true. Reasoning and confusion go together." Anyone else find this terrifying? Basically, another variation of willful ignorance. Sorry, but I will never be happy with a system that says ignorance is bliss, I will never be content with not knowing. No evidence, no reason to believe.
Next time a theist asks why not, ask them why.

No comments:

Post a Comment